In this training, one of the foremost Microsoft MVP's, Johan Arwidmark, will take you through the installation, configuration, and operations of ConfigMgr (a.k.a. SCCM).
Note: If you have an All Access Pass subscription already, this course has been added to your account.
This program is running for six weeks, and includes:
- Weekly live webinars (with recordings and Q & A).
- Weekly online gatherings for additional Q & A time.
- Weekly assignments to guide your progress.
- A community of individuals with the same goals.
- A private Facebook group with other participants for sharing reflections, progress, etc.
- The chance to ask Johan Arwidmark questions directly.
Below are the current dates for the weekly Live Webinars:
- Module 1: Tuesday, May 11, 2pm - 4pm, Central Time (GMT-5)
- Module 2: Tuesday, May 18, 2pm - 4pm, Central Time (GMT-5)
- Module 3: Tuesday, May 25, 2pm - 4pm, Central Time (GMT-5)
- Module 4: Tuesday, June 1, 2pm - 4pm, Central Time (GMT-5)
- Module 5: Tuesday, June 8, 2pm - 4pm, Central Time (GMT-5)
- Module 6: Tuesday, June 15, 2pm - 4pm, Central Time (GMT-5)
Module 1: Setup and Service the ConfigMgr Infrastructure
- Setup a lab and test environment
- Primer to ConfigMgr Design and Infrastructure
- Reducing Network Impact
- Monitoring ConfigMgr Infrastructure Health and Performance
- Understanding boundary and boundary groups
- Update / Service the ConfigMgr infrastructure
- Extending the ConfigMgr infrastructure with Cloud Services
- Implementing Cloud Management Gateway, Co-Management, and Tenant Attached
- Using Windows PowerShell with ConfigMgr
- Backup and Recovery Scenarios
Module 2: Managing Clients and Endpoint Protection in ConfigMgr
- ConfigMgr Client Internals
- Client Installation Methods
- Understanding ConfigMgr Policies, and Client Registration
- Configuring Client Settings
- Implementing and Monitoring Client Health
- Troubleshooting the ConfigMgr Client
- Configuring and Monitoring Endpoint Protection
Module 3: Hardware and Software Inventory, Queries, Reports, Scripts, and CMPivot
- Working with Hardware and Software Inventory
- Extending inventory
- Configure software metering
- Configuring Asset Intelligence
- License reconciliation using Asset Intelligence.
- Real-World usage of the Run Scripts feature
- Using CMPivot and Primer into KQL (Kusto Query Language)
- Creating and Customizing Reports in ConfigMgr
Module 4: ConfigMgr Software Distribution and Asset Compliance
- Creating and Deploying applications
- Understanding the ConfigMgr Application Model
- Speeding up application deployment
- Using Legacy packages and programs
- Troubleshooting Application deployment
- Working with Assets and Compliance
- Configuring Configuration Items and Baselines
Module 5: Software Updates
- Setup Software Updates in ConfigMgr
- Software Update Processes and WSUS Integration
- Optimizing Software Update Performance
- WSUS Database Housekeeping
- Understanding Software Updates Synchronization
- Create and setup Automatic Deployment Rules (ADRs)
- Working with Software Updates Compliance
- Extending with Community Dashboards
- Monitoring Software Update Deployments
Module 6: Primer to ConfigMgr OSD
- ConfigMgr OSD and Windows 10 Servicing Scenarios
- Creating Reference Images, thin vs. tick images
- Setup PXE in ConfigMgr on Servers as well as Clients
- Using P2P (BranchCache and Peer Cache) to speed up Imaging
- Create boot images, add OS images, and Applications
- Create Task Sequences
- Performance tuning - Speeding up the Imaging Process
- Modern BIOS and Driver Management
- Cloud Imaging via Cloud Management Gateway
- Using ConfigMgr for Windows Autopilot